Fortune seeks a senior finance writer in New York
Fortune seeks an experienced writer and reporter to write reported stories and commentary about the banking and finance industries and the financial markets. The job will include writing both daily coverage and long-form features, for both Fortune.com and Fortune magazine; being a featured writer on newsletters; and playing a role in Fortune conferences, both from a programming and onstage perspective.
- Be intimately familiar with the key players (individual and corporate) in global finance and investing, and unafraid to voice an opinion about them.
- Write with confidence and flair.
- Have a sharp eye for the way technological innovation and change are reshaping the industries you cover.
- Have the energy and creativity to help conceive, and be an anchoring writer for, a new finance-oriented newsletter.
- Help out with coverage and planning of our conferences and other live events.
- Experienced: You will have no less than five years’ experience as a reporter, writer, or editor with a focus on finance and/or investing. You know how to break down financial topics for the general-interest reader.
- Forward-looking: You’re eager to give readers a smart take on the day’s events—capable of explaining what happened, but also delving into the long-term impact that a given event might have for investors and entrepreneurs.
- Engaged: Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. And you’re comfortable collaborating with equally engaged editors and writers.
- Digital: You’re familiar with the social web and know how to use it to enhance your reporting and to extend the reach of your stories.
The position is based in New York and reports to the Deputy Digital Editor.
To apply, go here.