Fortune seeks a retail editor
Fortune seeks an editor to lead coverage of the retail industry from our headquarters in New York City.
- Assign, edit, and publish news, analysis, and short features about the executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and companies behind the manufacture and sake of consumer retail goods, from Amazon to Abercrombie, Gucci to Nike, Macy’s to McDonalds
- Generate ideas and exercise creativity in how to cover the category nimbly and intelligently
- Collaborate with staff writers to develop beats and broader retail reportage
- Recruit top-flight freelance writers to contribute to Fortune
- Use data analytics to refine content strategy
- Uphold Fortune standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
- Careful, considered news judgment
- Creative, thoughtful ideas for approaching and presenting stories
- At least two years of proven experience developing and executing news coverage for digital publication
- Sharp editing skills for line and structure
- A knack for task prioritization and administrative organization
- Familiarity with Fortune’s history, style, and writers
The position will report to the digital editor.
To apply, go here.