Fortune seeks a reporter to write about financial leadership
Fortune is seeking a full-time reporter to write for an audience of CFOs and financial executives.
The ideal candidate is sharp and insightful, delivers consistently clean copy on deadline, and will throw themselves wholeheartedly into the myriad issues, challenges, and opportunities facing CFOs today. To capture and grow a newsletter audience, this candidate must have an eye for thought-provoking stories that will generate conversation, have a finger on the pulse of what CFOs are talking about, and be able to move the conversation forward on a daily basis. This reporter should also feel comfortable on stage—whether in real life or on Zoom—moderating events on the subject.
This position will report to Fortune’s Finance Editor.
Fortune is headquartered in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones. This job can be based anywhere in the United States, but the candidate must be able to work on an Eastern time zone schedule.
The right candidate…
- Has experience reporting in a deadline-driven environment. Experience writing for a newsletter or blog audience is a plus.
- Has a basic comfort with numbers, and some experience with financial reporting.
- Is comfortable using software such as DataWrapper to create charts and graphics on a regular basis, or a willingness to quickly learn.
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline.
- Has a diverse stable of sources in the CFO or financial leadership community that will provide fresh voices and perspectives to Fortune readers.
- Is eager to explore diverse formats, from on-camera interviews to moderating Fortune events. We’ll provide some coaching, too!
- Has experience with reporting about AI, or a willingness to quickly learn.
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment.
- Is a collaborative and enthusiastic colleague.
To apply, go here.