Fortune seeks a reporter to cover finance news
Fortune magazine is seeking a smart and energetic journalist to report and write daily finance news. We’re looking for a reporter who can think critically about the biggest news stories and find interesting angles that make us stand out.
You should feel comfortable reporting on one or more of these areas: the stock market, banking, economic policy, investing, cryptocurrency, and personal finance. It’s OK if you’re not an expert in all areas, but a willingness to learn goes a long way.
You’ll work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom, and you’ll be expected to use your time wisely to juggle multiple assignments at once while being able to pivot when important news drops.
You can be located anywhere in the United States, but you must be able to work Eastern time zone hours.
The right candidate…
- Thrives on breaking news and values speed, with the stamina to produce up to three pieces per day.
- Reads a lot of news from a breadth of sources and has a pulse on the most important stories.
- Has at least one year of experience reporting and writing business journalism or a relevant internship.
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline.
- Knows how to work quickly, especially with breaking news.
- Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go.
- Can explore a fresh angle on the topic everyone is talking about.
- Is eager to try out new formats, from hopping on camera for a video to contributing to one of Fortune’s newsletters.
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment.
To apply, go here.