Fortune is hiring a reporter to write the day’s biggest business and economic news out of its Europe bureau in London.
This reporter will file breaking news, as well as news analysis and features. They should be comfortable handling a mixture of stories, working on tight deadlines, and pursuing original reporting.
This is an opportunity to do meaningful journalism: researching, writing, pitching, and interviewing. Strong pitching and story selection will be crucial, as this role needs to produce stories relevant for both the European and global audience.
It’s perfect for a news junkie who loves staying informed about what is happening in certain markets and countries and how those fit into the global news cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing operation publishing primarily news in front of the Fortune paywall, reaching an informed and educated audience with the top news of the day.
Reporters should have:
- At least 2 years of previous newsroom experience and an understanding of media law
- A digital-first mindset and voracious reading habits
- Interest in tech, finance, markets, and economics and desire to dig deeper into a beat
- Can concisely connect the dots between various pieces of data and corporate events
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team
- An interest in covering the biggest business story of the day
- A nose for identifying unusual or unexpected developments
- Speed, close attention to detail and accuracy, and clean copy
- Experience using reader data to inform and inspire story choices
- Experience using Datawrapper is a bonus
Fortune’s Europe bureau is based in London, and while reporters have the option to work remotely, candidates must have the ability to travel to the office in central London on a weekly basis.
Reporters will work Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. Starting salary will be between £40,000-50,000 p/a DOE.
To apply, go here.