Fortune is hiring a creative, enterprising journalist to join our new Success vertical. We’re looking for a reporter who wants to help shape the vision and voice of this new section dedicated to reaching the next generation of leaders. The ideal candidate is interested in telling thoughtful stories and distilling complex topics on a variety of subjects, ranging from navigating your career in the time of covid, to entrepreneurial success stories, advice for new managers, and more.
- Report and write a mix of quick hits and in-depth stories, including short and longform features and profiles
- Craft high quality service journalism that helps younger readers succeed at work in these challenging times
- Jump at the opportunity to try new formats, experiment with different story ideas, and seek new ways to reach audiences
- Ensure our coverage includes a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices
- Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
The right candidate…
- Reads a lot of news from a breadth of sources and has a pulse on the most important stories
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline
- Can juggle multiple assignments at once
- Is interested in reaching new audiences through SEO and social
- Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go
- Can explore a fresh angle on the topic everyone is talking about
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment
- Has experience using readership data to inform and inspire story choices
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is based across time zones and international borders. We’re working remotely right now because of the pandemic. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply.
To apply, go here.