Fortune seeks a personal finance/e-commerce reporter
Fortune is looking for a reporter to join our new personal finance/e-commerce initiative, and who wants to help shape the vision and voice of this new section focused on helping readers choose the best financial products for their needs.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who’s interested in all things personal finance, from credit cards to personal loans to deposit accounts, and skilled at interviewing a variety of financial experts, distilling complex topics, and creating actionable, accessible service pieces.
· Report and write 1-2 personal finance articles per day on a range of topics
· Craft high-quality service journalism that helps readers navigate every aspect of their financial lives
· Work closely with the e-commerce editor on Best of lists
· Use data and analytics to pitch strategic new content
· Generate fresh ideas and new angles on topics everyone is talking about
· Ensure our coverage includes a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices
· Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
The right candidate…
· Has experience writing personal finance content
· Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline
· Can interpret and comfortably understand complex financial jargon
· Is an SEO pro
· Can juggle multiple assignments at once
· Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go
· Is flexible and adaptable
· Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment
· Has experience using data and analytics to inform and inspire story choices
Fortune’s headquarters is in NYC, but our editorial team is distributed across time zones and international borders. We encourage applicants between the coasts to apply.
To apply, go here.