Fortune seeks a leadership writer
Fortune is seeking a creative, enterprising journalist to cover 21st century leadership.
We live at a moment when corporate boardrooms are being challenged as never before, with rising demands from employees, governments, and society that go far beyond the traditional confines of their businesses as well as rapid technological change. We’re looking for a reporter who can think critically about the forces reshaping the business world and produce stories that stand out.
- Report and write multiple pieces per week, including a newsletter, aimed at helping current and future corporate board members adapt, change, and transform their businesses for the future
- Strategize with Fortune’s senior leadership on what this new role in our newsroom should look like and how we can best cover the topics most critical to today’s business leaders
- Participate in Fortune events, focusing on action-focused discussions that confront diversity, accountability, and societal impact head on
You can be located anywhere in the U.S., but you must be able to work Eastern time zone hours.
The right candidate…
- Reads a lot of news from a breadth of sources and has a pulse on the most important stories
- Has a basic understanding of—or can get up to speed quickly on—ESG metrics, DEI practices, stakeholder capitalism, digital transformation, and compliance regulation
- Writes clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline.
- Knows how to work quickly, especially with breaking news
- Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go
- Can explore a fresh angle on the topic everyone is talking about
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment