Fortune seeks a head of social
Fortune is hiring an entrepreneurial, creative and ambitious social media leader to reimagine the way readers engage with our journalism.
Fortune is an iconic business brand with a large following on platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. We are looking for an individual who can take that following and grow it further, deepening Fortune’s relationship with its fans and packaging stories in ways that resonate.
This person needs to have excellent story sense, the ability to write must-read headlines, strong knowledge of SEO, and a vision for making impactful journalism reach a wide audience that drives discussions.
This is a leadership position. We are looking for someone collaborative to work with writers, editors, creative teams, and stakeholders across a wide range of global teams and products, from conferences to audio, video, marketing, the magazine and website.
- Envision and build out a social media strategy for our global newsroom
- Cultivate and grow Fortune’s followers and engagement across all major platforms
- Oversee editorial SEO and audience development initiatives, collaborating closely with the SEO tech team
- Showcase Fortune’s award-winning journalism, best in class conferences, and special projects
- Use data to help editors make better decisions on what to cover and how to frame stories
- Revitalize our social channels and build new communities
- Strategize and execute partnerships with a wide range of platforms that can extend our reach
- Support both editorial and business promotions
- Ensure a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices
- Uphold Fortune’s standards of journalistic rigor, accuracy, and fairness
The right candidate:
- Has proven experience growing a digital audience
- Enjoys working with reporters and editors on a daily basis
- Loves to dig into published journalism to find the most shareworthy nuggets
- Executes careful, considered judgment
- Is organized and deadline driven
- Exercises flexibility and adaptability
- Effectively prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced environment and juggles creative personalities
- Communicates professionally and effectively in a remote environment
We believe that business journalism is many things, and it’s OK if you don’t have previous experience working in markets and investing coverage—although that’s a plus.
To apply, go here.