Fort Worth Inc. seeks an editor
Launched in 2015, Fort Worth Inc. the city’s premier business magazine, published quarterly for local entrepreneurs and C-level executives, filling a unique niche in the Greater Fort Worth media landscape. The magazine’s digital offerings extend the trusted brand across multiple platforms — web, email, social media, tablet, and smartphone.
With an extraordinary, unrivaled quality of design and print, this glossy, perfect-bound magazine is not your weekly business journal. The heart of our editorial focus comes from stimulating, newsworthy stories about some of the area’s best and brightest executives who unpack their professional journeys, sharing their experiences (the good, the bad, and the ugly).
Every issue is loaded with timely, in-depth reporting on big-picture topics, like commercial real estate, finance, insurance, and law. These stories, along with our lifestyle articles, provide the framework for our mission to deliver inspirational, educational, and entertaining articles through shared experiences, lessons learned, and best practices to help businessmen and businesswomen run their companies better and have fun doing it.
Distributed via mail to paid and controlled subscribers, on newsstands and at sponsored and in-house events, the print edition has more than twice the number of readers as its closest competition with a CVC Audited circulation of 8,383 and a readership of 38,981.
Our Core Values: Passionate, Positive, Team Player, Excellence, Respectful, Philanthropic
Our Mission Statement: Celebrate Fort Worth and make it better.
The Position/ Responsibilities:
- Direct, plan and execute the print and digital editorial for Fort Worth Inc., including but not limited to, producing the editorial calendar, writing content, procuring content from freelancers and guest writers and curating content.
- Traffic editorial related photography and production.
- Manage editorial budget.
- Manage schedule to ensure all final copy is delivered to the appropriate department on time.
- Manage and produce editorial related to signature proprietary lists: “Entrepreneur of Excellence” and “Best Companies to Work For in Fort Worth,” both judged independently of the ownership and staff of the magazine.
- Generate and produce “The 400: 400 of the Most Influential People in Fort Worth,” a prestigious, proprietary annual issue that examines influence across a broad cross-section of the city.
- Generate and produce our “Top Commercial Real Estate Brokers and Agents” annual list, using real estate sales data.
- Collaborate with the Panther City managing editor, who’s responsible for generating the print issue’s Executive Life and Style section.
- Curate business content for our website from PR contacts, national and local news outlets, social influencers, etc. that resonates with are target reader, typically with a Fort Worth connection.
- Proactively promote and distribute digital content thru email and our numerous social media channels.
- Manage the fortworthinc.com website, producing content daily, collaborating on the production of two weekly digital newsletters, handling the transfer of print content to the web site.
- Regularly and professionally represent Panther City in the community.
- From time to time, produce content for Fort Worth Magazine.
- Must live in the Greater Fort Worth area and be extremely familiar with market
- Must have a passion for the city of Fort Worth (its past and future)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum (journalism or writing degree preferred)
- Five years of experience minimum
- Past editor, managing editor preferred (business reporter experience at minimum)
- Breadth of sources within community
- City government connections preferred
- Willingness to communicate across departments
- Commitment – shows up on time and is willing to put in the time necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fundamental understanding of business and economics
- General understanding of city government
- Breadth of knowledge and contextual understanding of Fort Worth community
- Versed in the principles and ethics of journalism
- Strong understanding of AP style
- Working knowledge of G Suite, or other cloud-based productivity and collaboration product
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Word
- Intermediate or above skill level in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Zoom and other online platforms
- Strong organizational skill
- Strong writing ability
- Ability to meet deadlines and enforce deadlines for those you are directing
- Ability to identify and produce relevant content in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in functional teams
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to develop solutions to problems
To apply, go here.