Forbes seeks reporters for its news desk
Forbes is looking for fast, accurate reporters for its News Desk. The ideal candidate will be a news obsessive with a passion for thinking quickly and creatively off of breaking news and emerging news stories. The News Desk is a new initiative at Forbes; candidates should be comfortable with a fast-paced environment and comfortable with trying out new approaches.
This is a contract position, with the potential for full-time employment.
- Jumping on breaking and major news stories that make sense for a Forbes audience, and quickly turning around articles with sharp, story-advancing approaches and angles.
- Brainstorming original approaches off the news.
- Comfort writing multiple posts on any given day.
- Be a clear communicator across Forbes’ multiple editorial departments and contributors.
- Be an accurate, lively and concise writer.
- Ability to track down sources quickly for interviews.
- Show a strong facility with headlines and other display copy for any/all social media platforms.
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of business news and financial coverage.
- 1+ years’ experience as a full time writer or editor
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or equivalent.
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing capabilities
- An instinct and enthusiasm for identifying newsworthy, as well as shareable, stories that resonate with the target audience
- Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies, including content management systems like WordPress, Social Media and SEO best practices
- Past work in breaking news is a plus