Forbes seeks four tech reporters in San Francisco
Forbes Media is expanding its coverage of technology and is looking for four reporters to join its technology and innovation team based in San Francisco.
We’re seeking reporters to cover the marquee names in tech – including Amazon, Facebook and Google – as well as the entrepreneurs leading the next wave of companies that will take on these giants and traditional industry. Candidates should want to uncover scoops while pursuing narrative features about the individuals driving this change.
This beat contains the drama of big egos, massive fortunes, disruptive ideas and business models, and complex technologies that shape how we work, vote, consume, socialize and entertain ourselves. Curiosity and an ability to connect the news of the day with these powerful trends is key.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Staff writers will have the opportunity to write short- and long-form articles for Forbes.com and Forbes magazine, and often act as the public face of Forbes at conferences and other public events. They’ll help develop a thriving network of contributors who can take over much of the day-to-day news reaction as they focus on deeper reporting.
- We’re looking for reporters who can cultivate a beat and sources and come from a range of experience levels – from midlevel to more seasoned. Show us how you’ve developed a beat and made it a success, either inside or outside tech; collaborated with or developed a network of other journalists or experts; and how you’d conceive of covering one of the major tech beats: social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); artificial intelligence and big data (Google, Microsoft); data security and privacy; and e-commerce (Amazon and its rivals), or one you think we should be covering.
- Forbes doesn’t just write about entrepreneurs, it cultivates them. Candidates who have great ideas for journalism products – from a new Forbes list or conference to a story-telling medium – and want to thrive in a flexible culture are encouraged to apply.
- San Francisco is preferred but candidates working out of other tech hubs, from the New York City area to the West Coast, will be considered.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter that includes examples of your best work, and why, and your interest in covering technology.
- For further information contact email@example.com.
To apply, go here.