Forbes seeks deputy business editor
Forbes is looking for a Deputy Business Editor who can identify, recruit and manage a network of outside outstanding freelance contributors across a range of industries, but with a primary focus on entertainment, media & sports business.
The deputy editor work in concert with other Forbes editors, staff writers and producers to attack the news in real-time throughout the day, coming up with a continuous stream of fresh angles and new ideas.
Ideally, a qualified candidate will have:
- The energy and entrepreneurial spirit to raise the competitive metabolism of the entire newsroom
- 3-5 years of experience covering business topics, preferably at the intersection of business and popular culture
- Experience managing in a major online newsroom
- Deep familiarity with online metrics and audience tracking systems
- Experience recruiting and wrangling large groups of freelancers
- Great bedside manner and patience working with non-journalist expert contributors and a team-first work ethic
- Exceptional news judgment and proven ability at carving out distinctive angles on major news events
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar online publishing systems
- Passion for getting scoops, crafting great headlines and doing what it takes to win
To apply, go here.