Forbes seeks associate content producer for tech
Forbes Media seeks an Associate Content Producer to support the Tech: Games and Science channels in our Jersey City, NJ, office.
Producers are the linchpin of the Forbes newsroom, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, sales, product and digital production.
- Work on front lines of channel and section pages. Read and edit (as appropriate) the content stream on the channel (approximately 25 posts daily) and overall site and correct editorial issues when discovered and report technical bugs.
- Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools.
- Update channel and section pages to keep them fresh and interesting.
- Create photo galleries for stories and special reports/landers.
- Stay on cutting edge of technology, specifically the gaming industry and world of science; monitor breaking news and must-read sites, social streams, trade press and more.
- Collaborate with editors to find original angles to news and enterprise stories; pitch stories to contributors.
- Assist editors to find, recruit, and set up new contributors. Facilitate communication between Forbes editors and contributors.
- Run and grow the @SciForbes @ForbesGames social accounts and work with social team to highlight and promote channel stories.
- Work with audience development to dive into analytics that monitor traffic trends and optimize pages.
- Participate in larger Forbes projects, including 30 Under 30 and Midas List as a reporter and writer. Ideal candidate will also be encouraged to write occasional stories through his/her own Forbes.com blog.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant work or internship experience in digital journalism or related area.
- Hands-on experience with publishing platforms (WordPress, etc.)
- Obsessed with all-things tech, specifically gaming and science, fascinated by the world of business and demonstrated understanding of the ever-evolving ways they intersect.
- Write and craft news and reported enterprise stories with speed, clarity, confidence and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Editing experience at college publication is a plus, as is writing experience.
To apply, go here.