Forbes seeks assistant editor for ForbesWomen and Small Business
Forbes Media seeks an Assistant Editor to support the Forbes ForbesWomen & Small Business beats in our Jersey City, NJ, office. Assistant Editors are the linchpin of the Forbes newsroom. This candidate will be assigned to our Leadership channel, focus on founders and funders, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, product and analytics. This person will help to organize Forbes’ annual Women’s and Small Giants Summits.
- Work on front lines of editorial coverage. Read and edit (as appropriate) the content stream on the channel and overall site and monitoring any issues with the CMS
- Assist editors to find, recruit, and set up new contributors. Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools.
- Stay on cutting edge of entrepreneurship, female founders and funders, small business and entrepreneurship; monitor breaking news and must-read sites, social streams, trade press and more.
- Collaborate with editors to find original angles to news and enterprise stories; follow up with reporting and writing stories or pitching stories to contributors.
- Participate in larger Forbes projects, including 30 Under 30, Most Powerful Women, and Small Giants, as a reporter and writer. Ideal candidate is expected to pitch, write regular stories for the site and/or magazine. Member of fact checking pool for the magazine.
- Work with audience development and other internals teams monitor optimize traffic.
- Create original content for Forbes platforms outside the site, including social media, podcasts and newsletters, as well as live events.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 months to 1 year of relevant work or internship experience in digital journalism or related field. Editing experience at college publication is a big plus, as is a strong portfolio of writing.
- Hands-on experience with CMS such as WordPress, analytics, G Suite/Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Obsessed with entrepreneurship, startups and small business, and especially female founders and funders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail
To apply, go here.