Forbes seeks an autos reporter
Forbes Autos is a new initiative in the automotive space. We are seeking top talent to become founding members of this team. If you’re looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those found on a startup, but with the benefits of a seasoned and successful company, then read on:
We are looking for a Writer/Editor. The ideal candidate will have a background in journalism, strong writing and reporting skills, the ability to identify and develop a good story, as well as a passion for automobiles and motorcycles. The ideal candidate will be based in California or the Detroit, Michigan area.
This person will be asked to evaluate and display an understanding of the automotive category from a lifestyle perspective. He or she should be ready to write insightfully about the latest news and trends; review cars and bikes with an eye towards the experiential, rather than simply the nuts-and-bolts; and come up with story ideas about innovation, the community and other human-interest stories.
You don’t have to have grease in your veins or be a shade-tree mechanic for this job. But you do have to be able to be a fast learner, insightful thinker, and have a healthy curiosity about cars and bikes.
- Write well thought out, fun to read, and informative articles on topic and on time.
- Take end to end ownership of 3 – 5 articles on a weekly basis
- Constantly be on the lookout for unique stories about cars and bikes, and write unbiased reviews of those products
- Fact check and proof-read
- Identify shareable content and write copy for social media platforms
- 3-5 years’ experience as a full-time writer or editor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing, reporting, grammar and editing capabilities
- Ability to think visually and creatively
- An instinct for identifying newsworthy as well as share-worthy content that resonates with the target audience
- Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies, including content management systems like WordPress, Social Media and SEO best practices
- Basic understanding of content strategy methodologies to ensure content is created and structured for broad use and reuse
- Have clips (written or visual) from well-known media outlets
- Have proven excellence in long- and short-form storytelling across a variety of platforms and seeing content through to publication with little oversight.
- Problem-solving skills are a must, as is an awareness of emerging media practices and strong views on how to adapt them for new purposes.
- Have a proven record of dreaming up and creating stories that drive engagement.
- Familiar with and participates in Social Media
To apply, go here.