Forbes seeks an assistant editor for leadership
Forbes Media seeks an Assistant Editor to support the Forbes Leadership + Communities team.
This is a junior position appropriate for candidates with a background covering or interest in business leaders, innovators and disruptors, as well as a demonstrable foundation in reporting, writing and multimedia journalism. Assistant Editors are the linchpin of the Forbes newsroom. This candidate will be assigned to leadership content, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, product and analytics. An understanding of financial reporting is a strong plus as is an interest in — and aptitude for — digital journalism and project management.
- Onboards and manages contributors across sections including ForbesWomen, Small Business and the various C-suite Networks
- Proofreads and copy edits contributor posts
- Assists contributors and staffers with Forbes’ CMS
- Updates landing pages on Forbes.com so that they feature the best, most timely content
- Participates in the reporting and fact checking of lists such as 50 Over 50, Next 1000 and 30 Under 30
- Performs fact checking duties for the magazine and digital features
- Pitches, reports and writes stories
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant work or intern experience in journalism; editing experience at college publication a plus, as is writing experience
- Demonstrative interest in business, finance and entrepreneurship
- Hands-on experience with a CMS, analytics, G Suite/Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operating efficiently in a team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Interest in covering successful entrepreneurs and business leaders in the beat
To apply, go here.