Forbes seeks a podcast producer
Fortune is looking to hire an enthusiastic podcast producer with a range of skills. As one of the founding members of Fortune’s audio team, you’ll be the go-to expert on creating smart, compelling audio products.
Creativity and organization are key to this position. Fortune needs a producer who can both develop new shows and offer ideas for refreshing existing shows. A hunger to experiment is welcomed! The ideal candidate has experience managing multiple assignments at once, and feels comfortable setting editorial calendars and deadlines in order to efficiently complete projects.
You’ll work closely with an executive producer and Fortune reporters to create sound-rich stories, advising on how to best incorporate tape, music and ambient sound.
You’ll book guests and record those guests both in studio and in the field, or oversee others who are doing so.
You’ll write scripts and must be able to edit material into a polished finished product.
Key qualifications include:
- A solid technical grasp of audio equipment and software
- Strong editorial judgment
- A love of narrative journalism
- A cheerful problem-solver who doesn’t hesitate to tackle hard work
- 5-7 years of experience producing audio
- Experience in business news a plus
To apply, go here.