Forbes seeks a news editor in London
Forbes Media seeks a news editor (Europe) in its London Bureau.
The news editor will work directly with top editors to identify, recruit and manage freelance contributors and topic experts across a range of industries to be part of our industry-leading contributor model.
They will be responsible for managing and maintaining the quality content that has attracted a global audience of 120 million international visitors. They will work in in concert with staff editors, writers and assistant editors to attack the news in real-time throughout the day, coming up with a continuous stream of fresh angles and new ideas.
The job will provide opportunities for writing and reporting on Forbes.com and in the magazine.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The energy and entrepreneurial spirit to raise the competitive spirit of the entire newsroom.
- 4-6 years of experience in an international news environment
- Experience managing in a major online newsroom.
- Deep familiarity with online metrics and audience tracking systems.
- Experience recruiting and wrangling large groups of freelancers.
- Great bedside manner and patience working with non-journalist expert contributors and a team-first work ethic.
- Exceptional news judgment and proven ability at carving out distinctive angles on major news events.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar online publishing systems.
- Passion for getting scoops, crafting great headlines and doing what it takes to win.
- Flexibility to work with text, photos and graphics to creating engaging interactive content.
To apply, go here.