Food Dive seeks a senior editor
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting, writing and editing on the business of food and beverages.
- Ability to deftly edit short briefs and long-form features for a daily newsletter and one weekly Ingredients newsletter, as well as edit breaking news stories for the website.
- Ability to write subject lines and headlines that boost opens and clicks.
- Knowledge of issues and trends that impact a national audience of food industry leaders, including, but not limited to M&A, the growth of plant-based and alternative protein, decline of traditional dairy, shifting consumer habits, changes to business practices, food policy, cannabis regulation and sustainability.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing trends, data and issues for food leaders.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 7+ years, including at least 5 years of food coverage. B-to-B publishing experience a plus.
We’d love if you had the following:
- Experience covering financial topics including bankruptcy, mergers and acquisitions and company earnings is a bonus; interest in these topics is a must.
- Experience with business writing.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Working knowledge of basic SEO.
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring tools.
To apply, go here.