Florida Times-Union seeks business team leader/reporter
The Times-Union is looking for an experienced Business Team Leader/Reporter to help cover Jacksonville’s vibrant and diversified business community.
That means reporting on the self-employed, Fortune 500 companies and everything in between. From quick turnarounds to in-depth pieces, this reporter must have experience digging into complex issues and writing compelling stories.
This reporter will know how to build sources and use public records to write daily stories and develop strong enterprise work. This reporter will quickly post breaking news online and updating the website frequently to help grow the audience.
This team leader/reporter will also coordinate business coverage from other reporters and contributors, including when and where stories run in the Times-Union and on Jacksonville.com. This will team leader/reporter will edit some stories as time permits.
This team leader/reporter will communicate well with editors, designers, graphic artists, photographers and digital producers to present powerful stories to a wide audience.
- A college degree is preferred with at least four years of journalism experience. Management experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, days, nights and weekends as needed.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to independently establish strong interpersonal relationships.
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Content Watch and Drupal is helpful but not essential.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and current automobile insurance.
Applications: Qualified applicants may submit their resume at join.timesunionmedia.com.