FitSmallBusiness.com seeks a managing editor
Marc Waring Ventures, the company behind the small business resource website FitSmallBusiness.com, is seeking a full-time Managing Editor to join our editorial team.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, FitSmallBusiness.com is read by over 1.5 Million small business owners and managers each month. We are a profitable, NYC-based startup with more than 50 full-time US-based staff, with headquarters across the street from Grand Central.
The Managing Editor will manage the editorial operations of a team of writers and editors and assign and drive content planning and execution for our growing business content operation. The role is a combination of editorial management and editing along with operational planning, focused on improving and modernizing best practices, tools, communications, and planning.
This role, and our company, offer a unique opportunity for the right candidate looking to advance with a digital content operation that’s expanding while others contract. Over the last four years, our business has grown from two partners working out of coffee shops to over 80 employees located across the globe.
We are profitable and have a proven revenue model, and we offer the chance to expand your skills by working with our business development and marketing teams alongside your management and editing duties. It’s a stepping stone for a seasoned editor ready to move beyond the daily editorial calendar.
This position reports to and works closely with the Chief Content Officer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing editorial operations – Managing the editorial operations, including article assignments and editorial calendar management.
- Staff and management development – working with writers and editors on professional development to develop a runway to advancement within the company.
- Building aggressive content plans – Work with our Chief Content Officer, section editors writers to develop quarterly and annual content plans that expand our coverage into new areas.
- Generating revenue – Coordinate with our business development team to facilitate the placement of affiliate partners in our content, while also serving as a check on our commitment to editorial integrity.
- Finding and growing our audience – Working with our marketing team to identify the right audience for our content and make sure our articles are optimized to reach the people who are most impacted by it.
You should have experience running editorial teams, setting and enforcing deadlines, keeping the trains running on time. You are passionate about teaching our eager readership how to make their small businesses succeed.
We’re looking for an ambitious editor ready for the next stage of your career, to gain experience on broader business operationswhile continuing the editorial work you love.
Sound awesome? Then this is the job for you.
Qualifications for success:
- 3-5 years experience managing an editorial team of writers and editors.
- You have experience working with writers and generating great content while developing their skills.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
What we offer you:
- A comprehensive health plan.
- 401K plan with matching
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to work with bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
To apply, go here.