Financial Times seeks marketing and tech reporter
Ignites, an online daily from the Financial Times, is looking for a reporter to join its team. The reporter will be responsible for covering the growth of environmental, social and governance themed products and the expected launch of the first Bitcoin ETFs. He or she will also cover major marketing initiatives, robo advisors and emerging technology.
- Reporting and writing at least three stories per week for the daily newsletter
- Mining public documents and developing a network of sources to generate scoops and story ideas
- Contributing to all storytelling formats, including videos, features, webcasts and, when appropriate, graphics and other visualizations
- Attending industry events and meeting with sources to stay on top of the latest industry trends (including virtual events)
Required Skills / Experience
- A desire to join a team focused on keeping our publication’s market-leading position by contributing fresh, original content relevant to the niche audience
- Proven ability to develop a network of sources
- Interest in working across media platforms, such as print, video, visuals
- Strong critical thinking skills
- No prior financial journalism experience is required, but candidates who have a particular interest in the topics described are encouraged to identify that when applying.