Fierce Pharma seeks pharmaceuticals industry reporter
Fierce Pharma has an immediate opening for an experienced, full-time reporter to cover the pharmaceuticals industry. Our company is based in Washington, DC, but candidates will be considered from all locations.
The ideal candidate is a sharp and eager journalist ready to deliver daily reporting and analysis for a leading news source in the industry we cover. They can operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, communicate seamlessly with companies, regulatory agencies and colleagues spread out across the globe, and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing breaking news and thorough analysis in a fresh, relatable way.
This person must have a commitment to editorial quality, a passion for diving deep into the subjects they cover, and the desire to have a little fun with what they do.
- Write 1-3 short, daily online news stories, as well as some long-form features and special reports closely watched in the industry we cover.
- Mine government databases, court documents, securities filings and other public sources for news and enterprise stories.
- Brainstorm and bring to life features and series that help FiercePharma interact with and engage our dedicated community of readers.
- Monitor social media and news sites for breaking stories, and post and interact on those platforms.
- Interview CEOs, regulators, marketing and manufacturing executives, scientists, analysts and other industry sources.
- Work with editors on story angles, headlines, images and SEO.
- Attend key medical conferences and events as the public face of Fierce Pharma; cover news from conferences and recruit/moderate our panels and events.
- Minimum 1 year experience (this includes internships) in online or print journalism
- Business and/or life sciences writing experience a plus
- Degree in journalism, communications, English or another writing-intensive major, or industry-relevant field such as business, biology or pre-med
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style
- Most importantly, a positive attitude, “Fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our professional readers each day.
Come join our talented group of writers and editors who enjoy our work—and working together. We believe we’re fielding the best team we’ve ever had, and we want you to be a part of it.
Please email your resume, cover letter and two published news writing clips to Rebecca Willumson at email@example.com.