Fast Company seeks an editor for tech coverage
Fast Company is looking for a savvy experienced Editor to help steer our popular technology coverage online.
This job is right for you if you have: An obsession with how technology shapes our world and its future—for good and bad—and a passion for telling stories about the largest companies in the world, intrepid startups, and other players, as well as subjects such as AI, consumer electronics, and workplace productivity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Shape the direction and coverage of the Technology section, with an eye on sharpening its focus on the subjects that resonate most with the largest number of readers.
- Assign, edit, and (as time permits) write a variety of stories, including news-driven features, compelling analysis and opinion, and longer-form pieces.
- Serve as a brand ambassador at Fast Company live events, with additional opportunities for the brand’s multimedia platforms including the print magazine, video, and podcasts.
What We’re Looking For
- Five or more years of experience assigning and editing stories for a daily website.
- An ability to conceive and package imaginative, innovative stories and find fresh angles that rise above the internet din.
- Solid contacts within the tech industry, and the ability to make new ones as stories demand.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A familiarity with Fast Company, its editorial voice, and the types of companies and topics it covers.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, with exceptional organizational skills.
- An established social-media presence and a savvy approach to sharing and promoting content on social media.
To apply, go here.