Energy Intelligence is looking for an experienced reporter to help grow and improve our coverage of the rapidly changing US and Canadian energy industry. This dynamic role will largely support our daily news and weekly analytical coverage of oil, gas, and new energy companies, including corporate news and strategy, decarbonization, low-carbon business development (hydrogen, carbon capture), and corporate trends (M&A, capex, shale, earnings). Some general news reporting is also required, including US and Canadian energy policy.
Hybrid working, two days in the office. Candidates must have the right to work in the USA.
- Write forward-looking news and analysis around strict daily and weekly deadlines, with an emphasis on why the story matters to Energy Intelligence clients. Turnarounds include coverage of day-of events and breaking news.
- Develop stories around a wide range of topics in the energy transition (including emissions reduction planning and execution, CCS, hydrogen) and conventional oil and gas (including upstream strategies, spending, operations, earnings, and M&A).
- Work collaboratively with the US-based corporate and policy teams to develop unique and exclusive story angles in these areas.
- Demonstrate flexibility with the ability to step into a wider range of daily news stories on key industry trends and in support of Canadian and US energy policy coverage, as needed.
- Cultivate productive relationships with a wide variety of primary sources, including those in covered companies, finance, law, regulatory agencies, and NGOs.
- The position includes growth opportunities, including becoming a client-facing subject matter expert in US and Canadian corporate strategies.
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong analytical skills to identify and explain key trends;
- Skilled communicator with a love for primary source reporting;
- The ability to prioritize and deliver daily, weekly, and long-term assignments;
- Drive to work independently;
- Strong understanding of corporate financial terminology and concepts;
- In-depth knowledge of the US oil and natural gas sector, with knowledge of related energy sectors a plus;
- Willingness to engage directly with clients on corporate strategy issues in a confident and professional manner;
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant professional training/diploma or equivalent experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to Kathrine Schmidt, Houston Bureau Chief: email@example.com
For further information click here.