E&E News hiring for mining and coal reporter
E&E News is looking for a reporter who will cover mining and all things coal. Also, as a reporter, you should be able to efficiently handle quick-turnaround daily stories while juggling enterprise reporting and light feature writing.
The position broadly calls for covering the legislative and regulatory landscape for mining as well as the financial, political, energy and environmental realities of the coal industry.
The beat includes regulations out of the Interior Department, the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Labor, and the politics and personalities behind the agencies.
- Prior Washington experience is not required, but a thirst for scoops and excellent news judgment is.
- Experience with the subject matter or covering federal regulations wouldn’t hurt.
- An ability to avoid spin, carefully digest difficult materials and identify the big picture is a must.
- You’ll thrive if you’re the sort of reporter who keeps a long story list (and follows through on it) but is always willing to pitch in and help fellow members on the team.
- This position would be ideal for a journalist with a minimum 3-5 years experience who can hit the ground running.