Economist seeks U.S. news editor
The Economist is a weekly publication that is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We are an international company, employing staff throughout the world. We deliver information, opinion and analysis in print and through a range of digital formats.
We are looking for a U.S. news editor to support our expanding digital output.
The main focus of the role will be to help the London-based news editor to co-ordinate coverage of fast-moving stories via digital channels including the web, apps, multimedia and social media.
This new post will principally involve working in our news team, but there will also be opportunities to write for the newspaper.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Oversee daily news coverage during the U.S. business day
- Help to plan the coverage of major news events and trends in the Americas
- Commission and edit pieces
- Supervise the distribution of Economist content on digital channels
- Update and proofread Espresso, our daily app, working with colleagues in London and in Asian bureaus
To succeed in the role
You must have:
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- An interest in world affairs
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in digital journalism
To apply, please attach your CV and covering letter, plus an article that you think would be suitable for publication in The Economist.
To apply, go here.