The Barcelona bureau of Dow Jones Newswires is looking for an experienced financial journalist to head real-time coverage of European equities.
We’re looking for a hands-on journalist with leadership qualities who can make quick, effective decisions on news priorities. This editor will define and plan coverage in advance and be able to respond quickly and expertly to breaking news demands.
This role focuses on running a team of reporters including scheduling responsibilities, along with some
- Exercise exceptional news judgment in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and assigning work.
- Develop and train the EMEA coverage team.
- Collaborate within and beyond the Barcelona newsroom with colleagues to assure appropriate regional and global coverage.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics in your own work and that of others.
- Meet deadlines, obey embargoes, solve problems, be proactive and flexible.
- Experience covering corporate news, including the ability to quickly decipher earnings statements and balance sheets.
- Solid writing abilities.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- The leadership abilities necessary for managing a team of reporters writing headlines, stories and value-added market-related content on European companies.
- The ability to communicate precisely and with compassion.
This position is based in our Barcelona office and reports to the Deputy Chief News Editor, EMEA.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience align with the requirements of the role, and samples of your work.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.