Dow Jones Newswires seeks a digitally savvy financial journalist to identify the most important elements of corporate disclosures, send headlines and quickly write the first stories and essential updates that will provide professional investors with the news they need when they need it.
Dow Jones Newswires provides news to The Wall Street Journal and MarketWatch, as well as nearly 100 million financial professionals on various platforms. We are looking for a journalist with experience in a real-time news environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage.
You must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained inside press releases and SEC filings. Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment are essential.
- Quickly discern the essential market-moving details from news releases, regulatory filings, press conferences and other information sources.
- Help connect content with the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires.
- Edit and write in different types of media, including articles, briefs, headlines, instant insights and analysis.
- Write and edit for accuracy and essential details while expediting publishing.
- Analyze data behind stories in real time.
- Strong news judgment in headline and story writing, and fast-paced publishing.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- A proficiency in grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- The ability to function within a team and consistently meet deadlines.
The position will be based in New York and report to Mary de Wet, Americas Chief Editor for Dow Jones Newswires.
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter and three to five samples of corporate news coverage.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.