Dissertation Editor is looking for an academic editor
Dissertation Editor is looking for academic editors to join the talent roster of our US office. Reporting to and working closely with overseeing Project Managers, Editors will provide editorial, formatting, consulting, and research support services to clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dissertation Editor, LLC is a Better Business Bureau-accredited private firm of academic consultants, project managers, editors, and analysts who collaboratively provide a comprehensive suite of first-class academic services to advanced students and scholars in higher education’s STEM, humanities, and professional fields. We primarily serve advanced graduate clients who are developing, writing, and finalizing their theses or dissertations, and also provide support for post-doctoral projects, such as journal articles, professional papers, and dissertation-to-book conversions. Our work entails not only customized professional services in technical editing, but also consultative and pedagogical engagement calibrated to the specific needs, requirements, and capacities of a given client and their unique project.
- Full US work authorization.
- PhD or equivalent advanced academic degree from an R1 or R2 research university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sensitivity to client diversity and responsivity to cross-cultural needs.
- Exceptional professionalism, tact, and patience.
- Ability to execute editorial work impeccably and prioritize competing demands to meet firm deadlines.
- Demonstrable mastery of at least one (1) academic style (e.g. APA, AMA, Chicago, Turabian). APA strongly preferred. Bluebook experts encouraged.
- Demonstrable proficiency in advanced MS Word features and formatting tools.
- Demonstrable competency in at least one secondary academic style (e.g. APA, AMA, Chicago, Turabian).
- Interdisciplinary flexibility with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across the humanities, social sciences, STEM, and professional fields.
- Prior experience teaching in higher education.
- Prior experience editing academic writing for university audiences.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of style competencies, and writing sample with the subject line “ATTN Hiring Manager: Academic Editor, USA.”
- $15 – $42 an hour- This is a part-time, fully remote position. As contractors, editors retain full rights to the application and management of their labor and accordingly may accept projects at will. Compensation is project based; projects are compensated in the form of a flat fee determined by the size and scope of the project.
For more information, visit their website.
Email all questions and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about application found here.