Digiday seeks a retail reporter
Digiday Media is looking for an experienced reporter to chronicle how the retail industry is changing with the advent of digital.
1. Pitch, report and write features and daily pieces on how retailers are adapting to the world of digital for Digiday
2. Cover major retailers including Target, Walmart and other big-box stores to figure out how they’re adapting to technology
3. Write about the growth of Amazon, as well as other e-commerce giants and how that is affecting the retail industry
4. Cover the marketing strategies of direct-to-consumer brands, how brands are modernizing in-store retail and the globalization of retail
5. Write about how platforms like Snapchat and Facebook enable commerce and transform payments
6. Help shape Digiday’s coverage of retail by identifying emerging industry trends
1. Three to five years of business reporting and writing experience
2. A willingness to pick up the phone and cultivate a network of sources in the industry
3. An interest in retail and the trends that drive this industry
4. Role requires final candidate to be in the Digiday New York office five days a week
To apply, go here.