Digiday Media is an independent media company with three brands: Digiday, focused on media and marketing; Glossy, covering fashion and beauty; and Modern Retail. We are a company of 80, with offices in New York and London.
We are seeking a managing editor for Digiday, our brand chronicling change in the media and marketing industries. The ideal candidate is highly organized, with experience both editing and reporting business news related to media and/or marketing. The managing editor should be familiar with Digiday’s voice and have a proven track record of managing teams. This position reports directly to the editor-in-chief, leading a team of 10 reporters and editors.
- Smooth functioning of the newsroom’s daily output, including newsletters, podcasts, social media.
- Ensuring Digiday stories are ambitious, rigorously reported and unflinching.
- Working with Digiday’s media and marketing editors on story assignments.
- Assigning and editing stories.
- Organizing Digiday coverage of industry events.
- Recruiting and developing new editorial team members.
- Manage an editorial budget.
- Represent Digiday as needed at company and industry events.
- 7+ years reporting and editing experience
- 3+ years managing direct reports
- Business news experience
- Deep understanding of the major issues in media and marketing
- Highly organized
This role is based in New York City. No remote candidates will be considered.
To be considered for this role, please send a resume, cover letter and three pitches for stories that would fit on Digiday.
To apply, go here.