Debtwire, an Acuris company, is seeking a Senior Reporter in New York City or San Juan, Puerto Rico to cover municipal bond markets. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned investigative reporter with an eye for detail, adept social networking capabilities, and a strong interest in market news analysis.
- Reporting, writing and filing copy on a daily basis
- Pitch in on special projects such as webinars, podcasts, credit research reports and surveys
- Coverage of Chapter 9 and relevant Chapter 11 court cases
- Occasionally assist with developing coverage outside of assigned beats
- Cultivating and meeting with sources
- Travel as necessary to municipal market industry events
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three years covering municipal debt, or entities that issue municipal debt.
- Drive and desire to break news and move markets.
- Reading, interpreting and/or analyzing financial disclosures of municipal borrowers.
- Understanding of court documents/procedures.
- Candidates with contacts in the municipal bond industry are preferred.
- Candidates with the ability to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus.
- Candidates with experience covering municipal restructurings is a plus.
- Candidates with experience covering Puerto Rico is a plus.
To apply, go here.