Debtwire seeks reporter to cover Latin America
Debtwire, part of the Financial Times Group and a leading provider of intelligence and research covering the global fixed income markets, has an opening for an experienced financial reporter to join its Latin America team.
Debtwire’s Latin American coverage aims at providing investors and advisors with actionable intelligence on stressed, distressed and restructuring companies in the region. Reporting on public and private Mexican companies, sector trends, as well as secondary trading opportunities, the journalist will be expected to consistently break news ahead of other media outlets. The position will be based in our New York Office with travel to the region.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record covering the Mexican financial markets as a reporter. An existing focus on credit markets would be advantageous. Fluency and the ability to write in English is required. She/he will be expected to come up with leads and deliver a steady flow of stories consisting of a mix of company intelligence, origination, and sector-focused situations.
- Aspirations to break news and deliver actionable intelligence regarding Mexican and Central American-based corporate borrowers;
- An understanding of fixed income securities, company balance sheets and a good grasp of the broader financial markets;
- Strong writing skills and an investigative mind;
- Time management and oral and written communication skills;
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach;
- Outstanding networking and contact-building skills.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference ‘Debtwire Mexican Credit Markets Reporter’ in the subject line.