Debtwire seeks middle market restructuring reporter
Debtwire Middle Market is seeking a tenacious, self-motivated reporter to join its team in New York. This is an investigative journalist position and as such, the individual will be tasked with cultivating relationships with sources and breaking news across the high yield, leveraged loan, distressed debt and restructuring universes.
The reporter will work with a small, supportive team to uncover scoops on financial distress, advisory mandates, and private lender/company negotiations—all of which occur in the lead-up to a company filing for bankruptcy or restructuring out-of-court.
The ideal candidate will possess the strong desire to break news and the drive to reach towards the goal of finding and talking to sources with knowledge of the company on hand. Persistence will be key in this job.
Debtwire produces real-time news and data on high yield, leveraged loan, distressed debt and restructuring situations globally through our network of journalists and analysts.
- Move fast to produce breaking news on small-cap distressed companies in North America
- Publish trend pieces and sourced analysis on specific companies facing financial pressure
- Collaborate with colleagues across different products to produce copy
Skills & Requirements:
- 0-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced newsroom and the desire to break news
- Ability to write clean copy under tight deadline pressure
- Knack for networking and source building
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply by sending in a cover letter and your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, go here.