Daily Memphian seeks a business reporter
Called “One of the best local news sites in the country” by Politico, The Daily Memphian is looking for a versatile reporter who can deliver breaking news, quick turn-around features and longer-range enterprise stories on businesses in the area, including local small businesses, business leaders, and some of the most prominent businesses in the nation: FedEx, International Paper and AutoZone. The business reporter must be able to cultivate sources within these companies and deliver exclusive breaking news, informative features and must-read interviews with top-ranked executives. You must be able to spot trends, connect dots and write deep-dive stories about the area’s business community.
Read more about The Daily Memphian here:
- “One of the best local news sites in the country.” – Politico
- “Driving a shift in the digital media business.” – The New York Times
- “In Memphis, a lab experiment for local news.” – The Atlantic
- “Ghost papers and news deserts: Will America ever get its local news back?” – The Washington Post
- “The Daily Memphian’s model demands attention.” – NiemanLab at Harvard
- “Digital startups with strong financial backing are hitting key targets” – The Poynter Institute
- “Reviving Local Media: The innovations helping publishers thrive in the age of digital” – Forbes
- “Startups are pushing back against the rise of ‘news deserts’ and the pitfalls facing local journalism” – CNN: Reliable Sources Podcast
If you want to join our team, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position you are interested in, along with your resume, to Eric Barnes, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.