Daily Journal of Commerce seeks reporter
The Daily Journal of Commerce, a Portland-based business-to-business news and information resource for the building industry in Oregon and Southwest Washington, has an opening for a business reporter
We’re a small, fast-paced newsroom, and we’re looking for a journalist with a competitive streak who’s eager to provide quality print stories while also helping move the DJC to the next level of digital coverage for our subscribers.
Our ideal candidate:
• is interested in helping our readers understand the worlds of architecture, engineering, construction, real estate and development in Oregon and Southwest Washington (with an emphasis on the Portland-metro area);
• has the depth and versatility to handle breaking news, tightly written (but entertaining) features and profiles, and long-form stories that provide readers with an understanding of the industry’s issues and challenges;
• is able to adapt writing style for print, online and social media platforms;
• has a proven ability to connect the “dots” to find the bigger picture;
• understands that the written word isn’t the only way to tell a story;
• and is a whiz at using social media as a reporting tool.
To apply: Submit a resume and five published “clips” (provide direct links or attach Word docs). Video stories may be substituted for up to two written clips.
Using the subject line “DJC reporter position,” email your clips/clip links/video links and resume to email@example.com. Clips must be nonfiction (news, features, etc.). No fiction or poetry, please. No phone calls.