Daily Journal of Commerce seeks real estate reporter
The Daily Journal of Commerce, a Portland-based business-to-business news and information resource for the building industry in Oregon and Southwest Washington, has an opening for a real estate and development reporter.
We’re a small, fast-paced newsroom, and we’re looking for a journalist with a competitive streak who’s eager to help move the DJC to the next level of digital coverage for our subscribers.
Our ideal candidate:
• is interested in providing anauthoritative voice on issues and topics that matter to developers, brokers and builders in the Portland metro area;
• has the depth and versatility to handle breaking news, tightly written (but entertaining) features and profiles, and long-form stories that provide readers with an understanding of the industry’s issues and challenges;
• is able to adapt writing style for print, online and social media platforms;
• has a knack for finding stories that other reporters may overlook;
• and is a whiz at social media.
To apply: Submit a resume and five published “clips” (provide direct links or attach Word docs). For each clip, please provide information on how you found the story, how you handled the story from a “web first, print second” angle, and how you incorporated social media (such as finding sources for the story, alerting readers about the story when it published, etc.).
Using the subject line “DJC reporter position,” email your clips/clip links, the “background” information for each clip, and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Clips must be nonfiction (news, features, etc.). No fiction or poetry, please.