The South Florida Real Estate Writer will be responsible for covering topics in the land use, urban development and real estate law fields. This includes:
- Covering stories concerning the sweeping national and statewide controversies generated by the foreclosure crisis, as well as new state and local regulations concerning land use and how they’d be applied to developers and others in the real estate profession.
- Blogging about the latest trends and South Florida news developments in the above mentioned topic areas.
- Chronicling developers in the news, and track statutory and administrative actions pertaining to land use, zoning changes and policy changes at the state and local levels.
- Following the initiatives of the real estate specialty law firms and lawyer-lobbyists who seek to effect regulatory and ordinance changes on the city, county and state levels.
- Five years of experience covering real estate and business topics for a daily newspaper, as well as reporting experience in covering the courts .
- Bachelors in journalism or in business administration.
- Some working knowledge of the Spanish language.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/F
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
The Daily Business Review is a multi-media publisher serving the law, real estate and financial communities in southeast Florida and offering marketing opportunities in print, digital and events. Since 1926, South Florida’s most influential and successful leaders have turned to the Daily Business Review as a primary source for business, legal, financial and real estate news. The papers’ print readership of more than 30,000 spans Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward Counties.
ALM is the leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM’s award-winning publications, events and digital properties anticipate and address the needs of our elite audience, delivering information and tools that allow them to succeed in today’s rapidly-changing and demanding business environment. ALM will continue to produce and distribute trusted and timely news, data, analysis and insights in an engaging and personalized manner on integrated platforms.