CTFN seeks a telecoms reporter
CTFN, a subscription-based investor-oriented news service, is looking for a highly motivated journalist with experience in the telecommunications space, especially as it pertains to M&A and other strategic activity. The candidate will be responsible for providing coverage on potential deal making in the space, corporate strategy, and to some extent the regulatory environment around large publicly traded company transactions and other business events.
The successful candidate will work closely with CTFN’s team of reporters, editors, and analysts to develop impactful news and insights.
The candidate will be expected to establish and maintain relationships with key sources and contacts associated with the telecoms and dealmaking community. The position could be based in the New York City area, Washington D.C., or San Francisco, and will require some travel.
- An interest in the business, regulatory, and political environment surrounding telecoms
- Tenacity, dedication, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent phone manner and interviewing skills
- Strong research skills
- A demonstrated ability to write clearly
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Flexibility of thought, and the ability to improvise and think quickly on your feet
- Dedicated to your craft, highly professional, with a strong desire to uncover the truth
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Previous work in telecommunications, finance, government, and/or journalism preferred
CTFN provides in-depth news on mergers, event-driven situations, and major corporate developments with the detail and accuracy commensurate with a professional investor’s perspective. CTFN offers readers worldwide – hedge funds, mutual funds, institutional investors, deal professionals, legal participants, regulators and industry executives – a cutting-edge, investigative news product that reflects the tireless efforts of a talented team of journalists and analysts. Here at CTFN we are committed to a positive, safe, and respectful workplace and offer competitive compensation and benefits that enable our colleagues to thrive.