Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
The Crunchbase Marketing and Media Team
Our team is instrumental across the entire user journey, from brand awareness through user retention. We combine creativity with decisions based on data and are always thinking about how we can better connect and inform our audience. Crunchbase News, the news division of Crunchbase, is looking for a late-stage venture capital reporter. This is a role for a journalist who loves breaking news and doing enterprise reporting — and has the clips to prove it.
This role is remote-friendly, but if you are based in a startup-hub (the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, New York, Boston, Austin, or Boulder) that’s a big plus.
What You’ll Do
- Proficient in the world of startups and passionate about innovation and innovators
- Enjoys writing stories of varying length, and want to break news as often as you can
- Ready to take your career to the next level with a crew of journalists dedicated to editorial integrity and fact-based analysis and features
- Eager to know (and be known) in the VC community and participate in networking, panels, and source-development
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience as a reporter
- Willing to partner with a majority-remote team
- Experience using modern communications tools like Slack, Zoom, and Google Docs
- You are a team-oriented person who is excited to join a collaborative team
- WordPress experience a plus
- Knowledge of common SEC filings relating to startup finance a plus
To apply, go here.