Crain’s Cleveland seeks an assistant managing editor
Crain’s Cleveland Business is hiring a highly motivated multi-dimensional editor to oversee its special sections, special projects and Akron coverage. This editor will conceive and assign stories aligned with its editorial calendar, working directly with reporters and editors from Crain’s and the freelance community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Policy, English, or related field.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in journalism or a related field.
- Professional experience in managing major projects, with strong organizational skills.
- A creative and critical mind, a person who can find extraordinary angles in ordinary topics.
- And enthusiasm for learning, for striving, and for adapting to constant change
- A self-starter and independent thinker.
- Strong grammatical skills, with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit.
- Demonstrated ability to work across platforms, including video, photo and audio.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and pull disparate teams together.
- A clear and empathetic communicator.
- Minimum three years’ experience as an editor and/or project manager in a newsroom or communications agency.
- Experience with databases, spreadsheets, and PowerPoints.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience leading a team and/or training as a team leader.
To apply, go here.