Crain’s Chicago seeks transportation/manufacturing reporter
Crain’s Chicago Business is looking for an experienced reporter who can write analytical and enterprising news stories, features and special reports for our weekly issue as well as break news and blog on our fast-growing website.
In other words, we want a reporter whose work will be noticed.
The candidate should be adept at developing sources and sensing news before the competition. He or she should also be a fluid writer. We want someone who is a self-starter and prefer someone who knows Chicago business.
Jerks need not apply.
- Generate story ideas and identify trends in tech, media and marketing
- Report and write for print and web, juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Develop deep contact lists and sourcing at the companies covered
- Become an established expert on multiple beats
- Play well with others, collaborate in reporting teams
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the newsroom
- Occasionally tackle story ideas that off the assigned beat
- Use social media to engage and grow audiences
To apply, go here.