Crain’s Chicago Business seeks a skilled, hard-working and adroit social media coordinator. The ideal candidate for this position will have at least three years of social media experience at a thriving brand, with an impressive track record that shows high audience growth and reader engagement and return on investment.
This person will be tasked with executing the social media strategy for the entire Crain’s Chicago Business brand, encompassing editorial, marketing, and advertising, and will be expected to make Crain’s a recognized leader and innovator in this space. The candidate will also have a “no job is too small” attitude, an enthusiasm for collaboration across many departments and a passion for business news. This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy.
- Monitor, build and maintain Crain’s presence on a number of social channels including: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Google+, Vine, Instagram and Storify.
- Monitor, track and measure impact of social media programs
- Develop and expand new reporting, event and marketing methods.
- Serve as key source of digital trends for newsroom.
- Coach our editorial and business-side teams on best practices.
- Cover breaking news for the website, including in-person events.
- Monitor online conversations and respond accordingly; watch for key trends and potential story ideas.
- Manage and maintain analytics to track social media engagements and results and create monthly (and/or weekly) social media reports.
- Work with marketing team to engage and grow audience, including but not limited to contests, surveys, special offers and paid advertising.
- Propose new and alternate ways to leverage social media.
- Foster a sense of community online that encourages Crain’s readers to actively engage in discussion and feel invested in our online community.
- Develop social media strategy for Crain’s events, before, during and after each event, with a focus on attendees, speakers and sponsors.
- Connect with the business community more broadly to increase event attendance by casting a wider net beyond our customers to reach new attendees.
- Experience managing social accounts for a news organization or similar company.
- Familiarity with web analytics and metrics used to track site success.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both on and offline.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and act quickly.
To apply for this position please visit our Web site at www.crain.com and search under the Careers section. Please include cover letter and resume for consideration. Crain is an equal opportunity employer.