CQ Roll Call seeks energy/environment reporter
CQ Roll Call is seeking a reporter with an understanding of Congress, energy and environmental law and regulations.
We are looking for a detail-oriented reporter with the ability to analyze developments in Congress and government agencies that pertain to the energy industry, including rulemakings and legislation, with an eye toward a legal audience.
The preferred candidate will be able to dig out daily regulatory and legislative news relating to the energy industry that arise from a range of federal regulatory agencies and from Congress.
The reporter must be comfortable handling complex energy issues and have experience covering Congress or these topics. An ability to work in a high-paced environment is necessary.
Strong writing and editing skill are required. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Master the basics of the energy and environment beat, showing an understanding of the areas you’ll be covering, the various interests that bring pressure to bear on producing or changing policies, and an understanding of how Congress addresses energy and environmental issues.
- Write spot news stories of varying lengths on a daily basis that are timely, succinct, forward-looking and focused on the interests of a legal audience.
- Contribute to other parts of CQ, particularly CQ News and also CQ Weekly
- Recognize the interests and expectations of Westlaw subscribers related to news on energy and the environment.
- Come up with incisive and relevant story ideas.
- Demonstrate accuracy and effective writing skills by making sure stories are free of errors, style mistakes, typos or inaccuracies.
- Maintain contacts with a broad network of sources and provide timely, even-handed and informative news and analysis.
- Identify the major players on crucial beats and forge relationships with those individuals.
To apply, go here.