CoStar has served as a respected source of news for the fast-paced commercial real estate industry for more than two decades. Our award-winning, industry-focused news informs subscribers and complements CoStar’s role as the industry’s leading source of commercial real estate information and data.
Fortune magazine recently named CoStar Group top 100 fastest growing companies in the world. As a member of CoStar’s news team, you will lead our coverage of architecture, introducing readers to the amazing structures that are changing the face of American cities.
The ideal candidate would profile the architects who are pushing the boundaries and chronicle the trends that are shaping the buildings we inhabit. We are looking for someone who can deliver a stream of lively coverage, all expertly tailored for the web, email newsletters, social media and other platforms.
CoStar is rapidly expanding our news team to take our journalism to the next level. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, digitally-oriented journalist to set for standard for a beat that is sure to appeal to our large and growing audience of real estate professionals. Previous reporting experience covering design or architecture is a definite advantage.
· Show a keen eye for standout architecture and be able to communicate that through lively writing and engaging imagery.
· Collaborate and coordinate with CoStar’s News Team to ensure timely coverage across the many communities that make up our markets.
· Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
· Attend major industry events and plan and manage special event coverage
· Monitor major industry trends, leaders and companies, including news and social channels, for leads and industry relevance.
· Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
· Use traffic and keyword data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future news coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Proven journalist with extensive experience in a high-profile news or online content-creating/curating role, with regular writing/reporting experience for an online audience.
· Results oriented – with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
· Candidates should be comfortable in digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany their reports.
· B2B media experience preferred.
· Excellent web headline and copywriting skills, with a command of AP Style and a deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
· Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
To apply, go here.