CoStar Group has served as a respected source of news for the commercial real estate industry for more than two decades, and now we are now expanding our award-winning news platform by adding positions and resources to take our journalism to the next level.
We are seeking a talented and motivated journalist to report and write about the Bay-area commercial real estate environment. This position would be based in our San Francisco office and we expect the selected candidate to report to the office four days per week at minimum. You will be expected to produce a steady stream of stories about the people and projects changing the face of some of one of the most dynamic and prominent metropolitan areas in the nation.
- Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for an audience of commercial real estate professionals.
- Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and commercial real estate news by reading key publications, looking for opportunities to help CoStar stand apart.
- Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
- Use readership and social media data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 plus years of experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
- Experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
- A portfolio showcasing your top work.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results while working to deadlines under pressure.
- Comfort with digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany reports.
- Business journalism experience preferred.
- Proven ability to uncover breaking news.
- Solid web headline and story writing skills, with a command of AP Style and a knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
To apply, go here.