CoStar seeks a entrepreneurship reporter
CoStar has served as a respected source of news for the fast-paced commercial real estate industry for more than two decades. Our award-winning, industry-focused news informs subscribers and complements CoStar’s role as the industry’s leading source of commercial real estate information and data. Fortune Magazine recently named CoStar Group top 100 fastest growing companies in the world. As a member of CoStar’s news team, you will inaugurate and anchor coverage for readers using Loopnet, CoStar’s online commercial real estate marketplace that connects tenants and investors to properties available for sale or lease.
Loopnet has more traffic, listings and geographic coverage than any other commercial real estate marketplace. This is your opportunity to set the standard for a new beat. The ideal candidate will deliver a lively stream of coverage serving the businesses, investors and property owners that buy, sell and lease office and retail space. We are looking for a high-energy, entrepreneurial individual eager to engage this critical audience on the web, on social media and other platforms. Previous reporting experience covering commercial real estate is a definite advantage.
**This position can be based in any major market in the US where CoStar is present. **
· Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for a Loopnet audience.
· Collaborate and coordinate with CoStar’s News Team to ensure timely coverage across the many communities that make up our markets.
· Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
· Attend major industry events and plan and manage special event coverage
· Monitor major industry trends, leaders and companies, including news and social channels, for leads and industry relevance.
· Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
· Use traffic and keyword data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future news coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Proven journalist with extensive experience in a high-profile news or online content-creating/curating role, with regular writing/reporting experience for an online audience.
· Results oriented – with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
· Candidates should be comfortable in digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany their reports.
· B2B media experience preferred.
· Excellent web headline and copywriting skills, with a command of AP Style and a deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
· Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
To apply, go here.