CoStar seeks a breaking news reporter
CoStar is seeking two high-metabolism journalists to report and write about the real estate deals and initiatives changing the face of America.
CoStar has served as a respected source of news for the commercial real estate industry for more than two decades. Our award-winning coverage informs subscribers and complements CoStar’s role as the industry’s leading source of commercial real estate information and data. Fortune Magazine recently named CoStar Group one of the top 100 fastest-growing companies in the world.
CoStar is now expanding our news platform by adding positions and resources to take our news service to the next level. As a breaking news reporter, you will be expected to produce a steady stream of stories about real estate transactions and projects taking place around the country. This is a great opportunity for an entry-level, digitally-oriented journalist to gain experience and make a mark. Previous reporting experience covering commercial real estate is a definite advantage, but not mandatory.
This positions can be based in any major market in the US where CoStar is present.
• Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for an audience of commercial real estate professionals.
• Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and commercial real estate news by reading key publications, looking for opportunities to help CoStar stand apart.
• Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality.
• Use traffic and social media data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future coverage.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience reporting and writing for a daily publication.
• Results oriented – with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
• Candidates should be comfortable in digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany their reports.
• B2B media experience preferred.
• Solid web headline and copywriting skills, with a command of AP Style and a knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
• Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required; ideally in journalism, communications, or a related discipline.
To apply, go here.